2nd day of work and while I try to be early for work, I end up struggling to my destination with a blistered foot that soon evolved into feets and a mathametical sum of counting just how many freakin blisters I have. Turned up I was around 5 minutes late but no one really noticed.
The day started off with me having a wholemeal bread with peanut butter and a cup of tea. I ate, I changed, I slapped on some make up and soon, I left for work. All these done within an hour after I woke up. Got to the bus stop and devastatingly saw my bus 31 turn up, stopped, and LEFT. I was a minute too late. Couldn't really run with my new heels. Damn. Sat and waited for ten minutes till the next bus came.
Sat comfortably and all till I alighted and reached Tanah Merah Stn at 8.04am. Alright.. the UPS shuttle bus was suppose to arrive at 8.05am. I'm not sure if I'm late. It's nowhere in sight though.
"The heck with it," and I went on to take the train to EXPO. To my horror, my heel started to hurt. I check and found a ugly blister. The more I walked a few trying steps, the more it hurts with the leather rubbing at the exposed raw skin. I forgot to bring my plasters. I stuffed tissues instead for temporary relief. The real challenge came AFTER I got off the train. My office is a steady 15 minute walk from the station, with a quick pace, that is. I'm with a blister. What more can I say? It was 10 mins to 8.30am. Damn. I struggled, I limped, I dragged my feet, I'm sweating, I felt like hailing a taxi.
Then again, I pictured myself bring thrown out of the cab if I do get one cos it'll only take a min for him.
I see DHL soon after and found myself with only three minutes to spare.. must..CHIONG.
Finally.. UPS House in sight. I got into the building and walked to my office. No one noticed I'm late.
O_O"
erm.. fark?
Oh well.. Better anyway. who wanna get noticed for such things. I took a min to catch my breath and walked to a colleague to let her know my "presence" in the office and told her to approach me if she has things for me to do.
I limped to the pantry to get plasters. I told this to Leehuei over lunch. She sorta collapsed in laughter, get the idea yeah. A nice looking (boyish, but short) young man with ang moh accent was inside. He was announcing updates last friday so I remembered him.) He has this totally lack of expressions. I haven't seen him smile yet. With a mouthful of accent, He talked to me. I heard what he was asking me wrongly basically. TWICE.
"Are you new here?"
somehow became "How is your knee?"
Don't ask me why. I HAVE NO IDEA.
Still, his lack of expression on that serious boyish face. I replied him "blisters" and pointed to my heels. On a 3rd count he repeated and I was like....."Oh..." *paiseh*
Ok lah I paiseh but must ..keep..pride.. though newbie.. O_O"
*hyperventilates*
So I tried to reply him back in a offhand manner with all the accent I could muster up (not being fakish those type lah), "Oh, sorry. Yeah I'm new here. I've just started work last friday."
Then I avoided the awkwardness by asking him if he knew where the handiplasts were. He didn't but I found it anyway. He helped pointing it out.
He is from the Finance & Accounting dept I suppose..? Are they all quite so serious? I scanned around to observe the ladies' dressing. To my horror, they are all wearing standard shirt + (skirts/pants) / dress!? My nightmare came true. Spotted several ladies iwth heels but those that reveals the toe. *starts to imagine a scene of me roasting the HR lady*
I woke up feeling a dread to go work. I admit I'm far happier in Discovery. Anyway, that's the past. Have to observe more to see if I'll like this company enough to feel like I stay here as a perm. 9.11am and I'm doing nothing but sitting in my office penning down my thoughts. No PC to use, no internet. WTH? Shall I read? Perhaps. Everyone's too caught up in their daily tasks to notice me or train me. I recalled how busy I was in Discovery. So much to learn and start doing. I'll probably be very busy from wednesday to friday on a report I have to do. But it's not the same. That, is obligatory and I'm not guided enough. Like having a crash course in swimming and now you want me to do freestyle.
Walking to EXPO for lunch was a huge mistake. It nearly killed my leg.




0 comments:
Post a Comment